The 700 Kilometer Journey on a 20 year-old $100 Bike I Bought on Facebook Market that Solidified my Prospecting.
Words: Hook
Photo: Maestro
I remember back in 2022 a month before my wedding celebration took place, this photo was taken by brother Maestro while we where at a stop somewhere in Dagupan. We just finished fighting through traffic from Zambales (a day after Outlaws National Run) and we where on our way to Isabela. I remember after this photo was taken, I wondered how the hell did a $100.00 bike come this far.
It was never an easy journey to begin with, I can still remember the face of brother Angel when I told the group that I was with (North and Bulacan chapter, including Maestro and Theo from Isabela) around 4am in the morning that my gas tank was leaking, and he had to drag me on a rope somewhere around Pampanga to find the earliest open motorcycle shop so we could continue our journey. I remember draining my gasoline tank in the middle of nowhere just so we can proceed by making a temporary bottled tank and continuously refill it while we where on our way.
That is when somebody gave me a fucking dirty hose that we were now forced to open my carburetor because the bike would no longer fire up. The funny thing is that since I bought this bike just a few days before, I forgot to check the carburetor, and only found out about it's condition when we were trying to open it. The float bowl was fucking cemented, so there was no way for us to open the carb on the first place.
Luckily, a rope and jerry can was provided by brother Max earlier before the ride just in case something happened, and I was the one who was tasked to bring it. Unbeknownst that I would be the one using it while riding. So, Angel had to drag me all the way through three towns around 5am searching for an open shop. Luckily we found one after an hour of searching, but it had delayed the itenerary of the entire group, and because of that I was deeply ashamed.
So, everything was fixed including the leaking tank and I had to buy a new carburetor. I was with brother Maestro that time, and we took our lunch while the bike was being fixed. After which, we had to ride as fast as we could, although my bike won't go beyond 70kph, because we had to catch up with the group as they would be taking lunch somewhere in Olongapo. After an hour of riding we finally caught them taking some lunch and we were able to continue our journey. We were able to enjoy that run, knowing that these experiences last, and it did. After which I had to separate with the group and go along with Theo and Maestro on the way to Isabela. I remember we started our journey around 12pm and was able to reach San Mariano Isabela st around 3am in the morning. During those times, I was in another scenario that could have gone worse, my head gasket gave in because of the heat the engine produced. It was around 5pm, and the shops around Pangasinan was already about to close, luckily we still found one open, and everything was fixed. So we were able to continue our journey after an hour of rest and countless bullying by Maestro and Theo.
Around 10pm during that same day, I was no longer able to see the road properly. All the lights seemed to bright, and my physical body was no longer able to endure the cold breeze and rain that was pouring. So I called for a rest, and we ended up taking a break.
Maestro even took a picture of me sleeping on a cemented chair around Diadi Nueva Vizcaya. It was the terminal of a bus station where we decided to have some coffee and smoke some cigarettes.
Whilst riding, I made a lot of realizations. That includes why I have to continue my journey as a prospect in the club. Why challenges like these will make someone like me stronger. Dont get me wrong, long rides are not new for me, during this time I was riding 400kms one way almost every month from Isabela to Manila, vice versa but on a different bike. So it was never an issue, but this bike gave me a hell of a journey. The journey that I had to go through with a $100 bike and the brothers I had to share the road with was unforgettable. It never was easy, but if I had the luxury of time to do it over and over again I would. Especially if you see the look in Angel's face, it's worth it.
There is another story about this bike when I brought it from Isabela to Manila, a couple of months after this ride. But, it's another story to tell. A combination of this bike and Maestro always leads to an Epic journey, and that is why I will continue to ride this fucking bike and hopefully Maestro and I have more epic stories to tell as we grew older in this club. Hoping your injury heals fast my brother.
Until then, see you around...
#BlackridersMCPhilippines
#BlackridersMCMotherChapter
#BlackridersMCEastCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCNorthCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCWestCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCSouthCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCDavaoChapter
#BlackRidersMCPampangaChapter
#BlackRidersMCCaviteChapter
#BlackRidersMCBicolChapter
#BlackRidersMCSanMateoChapter
#BlackRidersMCAntipoloChapter
#BlackridersMCIsabelaChapter
#BlackRidersMCBulacanChapter
#BlackRidersMCBaguioChapter
#BlackRidersMCBenguetChapter
#BlackRidersMCIloiloChapter
#BlackRidersMCCamarinesNorteChapter
#BlackRidersMCPangasinanProspectiveChapter
#BlackRidersMCQuezonProspectiveChapter
#AOAAffiliateClub
#BlackAndWhiteWorld
#SYLO
#Since1972
#RidersForeverForeverRiders

Comments
Post a Comment