Silence is your best defense
Words: Hook
Photo: Taken during a year end party during my prospecting days. (I covered all of their faces as some are no longer part of our club, and some have quit due to personal reasons. Some are still in the club, but posting their faces takes a lot of personal permissions, and I'm too tired for that.)
Tired and weary, as I sat in front of the hospital bed waiting for a nurse to finally inject the IV for my son, while he sits on his mother's lap begging for us to go home. A flash of memories suddenly evolved around my mind, wondering what my brother's have been through or are even going through because of road mishaps or even sickness. Everything became silent all of a sudden, my mind was too focused on the things that could be done for those brothers in need when I suddenly heard the voice' of my old lady getting louder as she calls me by my name, instructing me to hold on to my child as the nurses begin to insert an IV.
Moments have passed, and still the thought bounced in between my thoughts as I push the wheel chair of my son towards the elevator on the way to his room. The thought that unlike others, I do not share my battles. How many brothers go through the same battle without even us noticing? How many scars have magically appeared while we were looking away? How many brothers keep it on to themselves to avoid attention?
As these thoughts circle around my mind, one by one, for the first time I never knew what to actually do. In my status quo, I never would have known what to answer when questions like offering help would actually do. Even to say thank you, when someone tells you to take care is a menacing task. Sometimes, all you need to do is fight some battles alone. The peace that you find once nobody is looking at you is the part where you can actually heal. Not the other way around.
Now, I understand why some brothers just magically disappear. I know that even without me saying something to them, the thought of me noticing their absence is good enough for them to continuously heal and fight those battle knowing that we stand on their side, waiting for their comeback.
May all my brothers who are sick and tired be at their best, know that you are always in my mind, waiting for your return. Wishing you God speed. See you soon.
-Hook, BRMC North Capital Chapter
1/2/2025

Comments
Post a Comment