Challenge Your Own Knowledge
Words: Hook
Photo: Hook( I was tasked to Coach the Basketball Team, and won the championship despite the odds)
People hate what they don't understand, and that's fine. A little education won't hurt them.
The question is, are you educated enough about your own club, it's history and why it remains until this day?
I've always been sensitive to topics which people do not understand, and as a professor I genuinely give time to explain things to people, especially when they are out of sight. I usually start by asking them a series of questions, trying to understand where they're coming from. Some people would thank me for it, while most hates me for it. But that's fine, as long as I am able to give them that little education, I am more than satisfied enough knowing that I have done my part. Because, at the end of the day, people still have their freedom to choose whether to agree with you or not.
As part of a traditional Motorcycle Club, you will often hear civilians make side comments about who you are, primarily based on preconceived notions gathered from mass media "CORPORATIONS", social media sites, and Hollywood films. Which is why often, you are portrayed as an evil individual.
I remember one time, I was late in one of my classes so I did not take my kuttes off while I was teaching Literature. One student made a bold move by asking me why I joined a "gang" in the middle of the class. I became intrigued by his choice of words, so I began asking him questions, and this student gave me answers which led him to believe that motorcycle clubs are a group of individuals who sell drugs, participate in human trafficking and gun running based on Hollywood films he watched in Netflix and Disney. I educated not only him but the entire class by simply explaining the history behind motorcycle clubs, and how Hollywood films likes to extract imaginary scenes which viewers would like to see. Because no one wants to watch a boring film. I also explained that if Netflix and Disney was a valuable source of information, we should be able to point out a company owned by the Peaky Blinders. It was a fruitful discussion, as it should be since it was a literary and philosophical class. But, it also made me realize that if I did not know what kind of world I was stepping in, those that are looking at me from the outside are in danger of believing that what they're seeing is true and correct.
So, if you've reached this point in reading this article, I would love to remind you that as a member or even prospect of your club, you are bound to learn every detail of your club, not just with who the members are but the history behind why your club existed and how it continous to exist. Yes, there will always be those who have strong opinions about who we are, but if you know what your club is, you will have the power to deny these people their unsolicited opinions and give them a little education.
So the question remains, how much do you know about your own club?
#BlackridersMCPhilippines
#BlackridersMCMotherChapter
#BlackridersMCEastCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCNorthCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCWestCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCSouthCapitalChapter
#BlackRidersMCDavaoChapter
#BlackRidersMCPampangaChapter
#BlackRidersMCCaviteChapter
#BlackRidersMCBicolChapter
#BlackRidersMCSanMateoChapter
#BlackRidersMCAntipoloChapter
#BlackridersMCIsabelaChapter
#BlackRidersMCBulacanChapter
#BlackRidersMCBaguioChapter
#BlackRidersMCBenguetChapter
#BlackRidersMCIloiloChapter
#BlackRidersMCCamarinesNorteProspectiveChapter
#BlackRidersMCPangasinanProspectiveChapter
#BlackRidersMCQuezonProspectiveChapter
#AOAAffiliateClub
#BlackAndWhiteWorld
#SYLO
#Since1972
#RidersForeverForeverRiders

Comments
Post a Comment